Once you’ve decarbed your bud, the sky’s the limit with what you can do. If you are decarbing with a Nova, you’re getting a fully activated product – meaning a more accurate and potent dosage.
Here’s a short list of some of our favorite post-decarb fixes. Feel free to share your own in the comments below.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Instant Edible Capsules
For people that use medical marijuana, capsules are a lifesaver. They’re discreet, effective, and fit into your daily routine better than smoking or vaping. You can use them to treat chronic pain, sleep disorders, anxiety, headaches, and so much more.
Pairing cannabis with other vitamins and nutraceuticals is a great way to enhance its benefits and create personal medicine tailored for optimal health and wellness.
We make it easy with preloaded nutrient capsules to match with your favorite strain to create an instant and complete therapy.
Some of our favorite formulations include:
- Fish oil and melatonin – best paired with decarbed indica for sleep
- Coconut oil and b-12 vitamin – best paired with a decarbed sativa for energy
Use empty capsules, available online or in-store at vitamin shops, to create the perfect blend for your needs. To make dry herb capsules, simply put your decarbed weed right into the capsule. You can add other vitamin or supplement powders into the capsule for an extra nutritional boost. For oil-based capsules, create canna oil with any oil of your choice and use a syringe to fill the capsules. Last thing you need to do is close them up and you’re done!
2. Facial Toner
Did you know that a simple tincture of properly decarbed cannabis and rubbing alcohol is a powerful antibacterial and antiseptic?
Clinical studies cite:
“Cannabinoids are powerful antioxidants that may work by reducing inflammation and especially when combined with hydrating oils may help in maintaining the skin’s natural barrier function.”
Use it just like you would any other toner with a cotton ball or pad for a quick cleanse.
You can make an effective facial toner for acne treatment with just rubbing alcohol and decarbed bud.
- Put 1 gram of decarbed flower into a small jar
- Fill with rubbing alcohol
- Shake it
- Apply it with a cotton ball
The CBD in marijuana is a great anti-inflammatory and the rubbing alcohol makes the solution anti-bacterial and perfect for acne treatment.
3. Pain Salve
Cannabis infused topicals are known to have anti-inflammatory, and regenerative properties that can be used for joint pains and minor skin issues.
Making a cannabis pain salve at home is easy and once you start using it, you will make it be a permanent part of your medicine cabinet. To prepare cannabis infused salve at home:
- Mix your decarboxylated cannabis and coconut oil together over a low flame to cook for 5 minutes to infuse the oil
- Strain the material with cheese cloth
- Add 5 parts infused oil to 1 part beeswax
Once it has hardened, it’s ready to use for chronic or acute localized pain like arthritis, sore muscles, and tension. You’ll notice immediate relief after applying the cannabis infused pain salve.
4. Medicated Massage Oil
Take your massage to the next level by incorporating weed-infused coconut oil.
Here’s how to make your own:
- 10 drops sandalwood
- 5 drops juniper
- 4 ylang ylang
- 2 drops lavender
- 4 oz. infused coconut oil
Check out our quick and easy infusion guide.
5. Protein Shake
Decarbed bud makes a great addition to smoothies and shakes! You can add your decarbed flower right into the smoothie or add a tablespoon (or less) of infused coconut oil for an extra creamy drink. Follow our cannabis shake infused recipe below for yourself:
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 2 cups ice
- 4 oz vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 banana
- 1 – 2 tbsp organic peanut butter
- .2g – 5g of decarbed flower
You can also try a little in your post-workout protein shake to reduce inflammation to aid your recovery.
6. Kief Infused Hot Cocoa
Decarbed bud is a great addition to infused marijuana beverages. We got an even better THC infused drink to recommend but this time with kief oil. Try our hot cocoa recipe for decarbed kief. If you are not familiar with kief, it is the sticky, pollen-like substance on your bud found before using it. Kief is a more potent concentrate than bud. You’ll only need a little bit in your hot cocoa and it’s better to start with a small dose than to overdo it and potentially end up with an unenjoyable high.
To make kief hot cocoa:
- Use a Nova to decarb your kief
- Once it’s done, put approximately ¾ of a teaspoon of kief into your mug
- Prepare your hot chocolate as you normally would
Stir it thoroughly and enjoy a relaxing hot cocoa infused with kief!
7. Easily Make Tinctures
Tinctures and marijuana-infused alcohol are both a great way to discreetly consume weed. They’re administered sublingually and have a much quicker uptake than using edibles or smoking. They also usually take anywhere between 15-45 minutes to feel the effects.
In addition, tinctures are very easy to make, simple to dose, and have an extremely long shelf life. Making them popular with both recreational and medical marijuana users. Especially those that prefer not to smoke due to the health risk.
To make a tincture:
- Add approximately 1 ounce of decarbed cannabis into a large jar (we like 64oz Mason jars).
- Fill the jar with a high-proof alcohol like Everclear or vodka, shake it and then place it in a cool dark place for a few hours.
- Strain the bud from the liquid, pour the tincture into a dropper bottle, and enjoy.
This is a potent mixture, so we recommend starting with a 1 milliliter (ml) dose.
Cannamilk is a great way to infuse your everyday food. It can be used for cooking, added to your morning coffee, smoothies, shakes, and any other recipe you use that adds milk.
The process of making cannamilk is similar to making cannabutter and canna oil:
- Decarb your herb using your NOVA decarboxylator
- Use 1-2 grams of flower per 1 quart of milk (you can also use half and half, heavy cream, or a mixture, depending on what you plan on using your cannamilk for). This ratio will deliver a mild high so if you’re looking for something stronger, use more bud.
- Heat your milk in a double boiler at a low temperature and don’t let it boil.
- Stir in your decarbed weed and let it simmer for at least half an hour, watching it closely and stirring often.
- When the milk is light green, strain the plant matter out and store your cannamilk in a jar in the fridge.
I promise, your morning coffee will never be the same!
9. Cannabutter & Cannaoil
Decarbing is a must when making cannabutter or cannaoil. There are a lot of recipes that claim you don’t need to decarb before you infuse your weed oils. Claiming, since you’ll be introducing heat to your bud when you infuse the oil there is no need to decarb twice. While that is true, decarbing dramatically reduces your infusion time, making the entire process easier and more potent.
Cannabutter and cannaoil are used to make a variety of edibles, everything from brownies to salad dressing and sauteed veggies. If you need some inspiration, be sure to check out our list of cannabutter alternatives and take a peek at all the ways you can use cannaoil.
10. Cannabis Infused Tea
You can make cannabis tea a few ways:
- Steaming the decarbed bud in hot water
- Making regular tea and stirring in your cannamilk, cannabis coconut oil, or a tincture
If you choose to steam flower, it must be decarbed first. THC isn’t water soluble so simply putting your bud into hot water won’t provide the psychoactive effects. Decarbing and then steaming, however, will make a super relaxing, anti-inflammatory tea.
11. Eat Your Decarbed Weed
Yes! You can eat your cannabis after it’s been through the decarboxylation process. While we wouldn’t recommend it (it doesn’t taste great), it is possible. Once your weed is activated, you can literally do anything with it and you will feel the effects – including eating it as a flower.
Which is your favorite way to use decarbed weed? Are there any uses we missed? Let us know in the comments below!