These buckeyes are as easy to make as they are delicious!
Active Prep Time = 10 minutes
Inactive Prep = 1 hour
Cook Time = 5 minutes
Ready in = 1 hour, 15 minutes
* Inactive time is one hour and additional time is needed for decarboxylation and cannabutter prep.
Makes approximately 40 buckeye cannabis cookies.
- ¼ ounce of decarbed cannabis
- ½ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon lecithin granules
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips or melting chocolate
- Fine mesh strainer
- Decarb ¼ ounce of cannabis using the oven method (220 degrees fahrenheit for 40 minutes) or for best results, use a Nova decarboxylator. When your bud is decarbed, grind it into medium-sized pieces for creating cannabutter.
- To make cannabutter, place ½ cup butter, the decarbed flower, and 1 tsp of lecithin granules into a glass jar with lid and cook for 2-3 hours, checking in on it regularly. Strain plant matter from finished product using cheesecloth in a fine mesh strainer.
- Pour melted cannabutter into a mixing bowl and add 2 cups peanut butter, 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla, and pinch of salt. Whisk until everything is mixed well.
- Using a hand mixer, add 3 ¼ cups powdered sugar approximately one cup at a time for easier mixing.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop up approximately 1 tablespoon of the mixture, roll into a ball, and place on the baking sheet. Repeat until all peanut butter mixture is used. Place pan into freezer for 30 minutes.
- While the peanut butter balls are in the freezer, melt 1 cup chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat the chips in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove peanut butter balls from freezer and using a toothpick or skewer stuck into the top center of peanut butter ball, dip the ball ¾ of the way into the melted chocolate. Let any excess chocolate drip off, then place the buckeye on the baking sheet. Dip each ball into the chocolate and once completed, let chocolate harden. To speed up the process, place pan into the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Enjoy! As with all edibles, start slow until you know your tolerance level. For best results, store buckeyes in an airtight container in the fridge.