Happy 4th of July! To us, three day weekends are all about taking edibles, sleeping in, and waking up to enjoy more good music, food, fireworks, and poolside vibes.
Whether you’re enjoying a cannabis-infused BBQ, or just infusing a few sides for a pot-picnic, enjoy your elevated 4th of July with our favorite infused red, white, and blue parfait recipe.
How to Get Started
This recipe calls for infused heavy cream, which we’ll turn into whipped cream.
To make infused cream, start with decarboxylating your plant material inside the Ardent Nova or FX. In the Nova, use the Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve to hold your flower, kief, concentrate, or plant parts, slide it inside the unit, cover, and press the single button interface until the cycle is complete. In the FX, use the Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve to hold your flower, kief, concentrate, or plant parts, slide it inside the unit, cover, and press A1 to activate THC or CBG rich material, and A2 to activate CBD rich material.
Once the decarb cycle is complete, pour heavy cream over the activated material, submerging it completely, and run another cycle in the Nova, or an Infuse cycle in the FX. Remove the sleeve once the cycle has finished, and strain using the Ardent Frainer before refrigerating until cold.
To determine the dose of your infused cream, you must first determine how many grams you’re using in your infusion. To make things simple, let’s say we’re using 1 gram. If you purchased your cannabis or hemp compliantly, you’ll find lab testing information on the back of the packaging. Determine the amount of milligrams by moving the decimal point over one space to the right. 23% = 230. During decarb, the acid molecule is displaced. This acid molecule is always 13% of the starting material’s weight. Subtract 13% from 230 and you’ll get about 200 mgs.
Now, the 200 mgs are only available when used as-is, consumed whole and decarbed. If you infuse into oils, butters, milks, creams, and alcohol, you must know the infusion rate. Our lab testing has determined that in the Nova or FX, you get around 70% infusion into cream. In this case, our 1 gram of 23% THCA-rich material will yield about 140 mgs once it’s infused inside of cream.
- 1 cup heavy cream, infused
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Marshmallow Fluff
- ½ – 1 cup blueberries
- ½ – 1 cup diced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons cannasugar
- 2 – 4 ladyfingers
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles, optional
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Red, White, and Blue Parfaits
- Wash and slice strawberries. Pour cannasugar over top, allowing them to make their own syrup, and place in the refrigerator.
- Combine infused heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in the stand mixer and whip on medium speed for about 2 – 3 minutes, or until stiff peaks form.
- Soak ladyfingers, a piece at a time, in the strawberry syrup. Place in the bottom of the mason jars as a crust.
- Add a layer of strawberries over top.
- Add a layer of infused whipped cream over top.
- Add a layer of blueberries over top.
- Do another round of layers, starting with syrup-soaked ladyfingers.
- Finish with the remaining strawberry syrup, strawberries, and red, white, and blue sprinkles.
Other Red, White, and Blue Treats to Infuse
- Red, white, and blue infused chocolate-dipped pretzel sticks
- Strawberry and blueberry cheesecake
- Patriotic charcuterie
- Strawberry, blueberry, marshmallow skewers
- American flag cakepops or cakesicles