Summer weekends are the best time for edibles! Get started early (shout out to summer Fridays!) and pack a reusable water bottle filled with plenty of ice to stay cool and hydrated without the green hangover.
At BBQs, there’s plenty of snacks for when the munchies hit. On beach days, you can daydream while sinking your toes in the sand. For picnics, the grass will seem even greener. At family gatherings, tough conversations transform into pleasurable chit-chat. You get the point.
Here are a few of our go-to tips for hosting the ultimate stoner cookout:
- Set up a designated “roll-up” table for guests to prep their own joints and blunts, or even pack their own bowls or bongs for a quick sesh!
- Make a big, non-infused recipe for everyone, and put a small bowl of infused butter or elevated BBQ sauce to the side so attendees can dose as they go.
- It’s important to include dosing labels on any infused dishes! Serving a platter of dosed food requires accuracy and transparency.
- Remember – you can make recipes with any combination of THC, CBD or CBG, or even without cannabis or hemp, depending on your needs and mood.
Looking for a yummy infused recipe to serve at your next summer gathering? Our infused potato salad recipe is an instant edible that can be infused portion by portion for simple yet strategic dosing. It’s especially great for groups with mixed tolerances.
How to Get Started
A lot goes into understanding your personal dose. In this recipe, we’ll be using ground, decarbed bud almost like a spice. We recommend making a big batch and adding decarbed bud bit by bit when it’s time to serve.
Since you get 97-100% activation of the cannabinoids in your starting material using Ardent technology, you can follow this easy formula to achieve a pretty accurate, predictable dose and experience:
You lose 13% of the original weight when the acid molecule is removed during decarboxylation. Starting percentage on one gram of bud (23% for example) x 10 (this is always the same) = 230 – 13% (this is always the same) = 200 mgs.
- 3 eggs
- 2-3 pounds Russet potatoes
- Ice water
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Old Bay, to taste
- Dill, to taste
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1 gram of ground, decarbed herb
How to Make Infused Potato Salad
- Decarb your bud inside the Ardent Nova or FX. Then grind it finely and place it to the side.
- Hard boil 3 eggs in a pot of salted water. Then peel the eggs, mince them, and place them to the side.
- Wash and peel 2-3 pounds of potatoes, placing them into an ice water bath as soon as they’re peeled.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water, allowing them to cook for 8 minutes. Drain the potatoes and refrigerate them for 10 minutes. Chop the potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine mayo, mustard, and spices.
- Add the mayo mixture to the potatoes, along with the chopped eggs, scallions, and decarbed bud.
When to Enjoy
- Pool parties
- Family gatherings
Cherish every aspect of summer with a portable, all-in-one cannabis kitchen by your side. Grab your own Ardent Nova or FX on our website.
Trying out our yummy potato salad this weekend? Tag us on Instagram for the chance to be featured on our page.