Cannabis is an important medicine for many people managing so many types of symptoms and conditions. Because of this, cannabis edibles have become an important form of mutual aid for those in the LGBTQIA+ community who were impacted by the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the 80s, with little to no support from the government, and today, for those battling trauma, painful surgical transitions, and other medical conditions specific to each unique individual.
At Ardent, it’s our mission to empower cannabis users of all kinds to take their medicine into their own hands. Ardent is set apart with custom dosing, custom applications (edible, topical, sublingual, etc.), portability (when housing situations are inconsistent, Ardent remains solid as an all-in-one kitchen appliance,) and the ability to make your own medicine for just a fraction of dispensary pricing. Let’s take care of one another.
We’re donating a portion of sales on all Ardent Nova and FX devices between 6/23 – 6/30 to the Marsha P. Johnson Institute, supporting the ongoing fight for black transgender rights, safety, and visibility.
Ready to celebrate pride with our loud and proud cakesicle recipe? Set the mood with our PRIDE playlist on Spotify, and make this recipe, infused or regular, for those you want to make feel extra special.
Grab your Ardent device and keep reading!
How to Get Started
Through this recipe, we’ll be using boxed white cake mix. With Ardent technology, you can create an entirely infused dessert or meal by replacing the oil or butter that the recipe calls for with an infused counterpart. Try it out with cake, corn bread, pasta meals, or even brownies.
To make infused vegetable oil, start by activating your material inside your Nova or FX unit. Simply plug the device in, add the material, close the unit, and use the single-button interface on the Nova. In the FX, use the A1 setting to activate THC or CBG-rich material, or A2 for CBD-rich material.
Pour vegetable oil over the decarbed material inside the Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve, fully submerging the material, and begin another cycle in the Nova, or an Infusion cycle in the FX. Strain using the Frainer, Infusion Press, cheesecloth, or coffee filter of your choice.
Let’s get baking!
Equipment you’ll need:
- Cakesicle mold
- Popsicle sticks
- Letter mold
- Ardent Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve
- Ardent Frainer or Infusion Press
- Ardent Nova or FX
- Boxed white cake mix
- ⅓ cup infused vegetable oil (or whatever the cake mix box asks for)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 ounces Ardent Ghee (56 grams, melted)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple food coloring
- Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple chocolate melts
How to make cannabis-infused PRIDE Cakesicles:
- Preheat the oven. Begin making the cake batter using the instructions on the box: be sure to include infused oil where the mix calls for vegetable oil.
- Divide the batter into 6 even ramekins and mix in a few drops of each color, stirring thoroughly.
- Bake the ramekins inside the oven for the recommended time and temperature.
- Melt down chocolate in your Ardent device (using the Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve for mess-free cleanup,) microwave, or double boiler.
- Begin lining the cakesicle mold with the melted white chocolate, getting all the sides. Slip the popsicle sticks in the mold and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Take the cakesicle mold out of the freezer, patching up the holes and sides with more melted chocolate, and pop back into the freezer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow the cakes to cool down, and begin crushing the cakes into a fine dust.
- Make buttercream frosting by combining powdered sugar, ghee, and salt.
- Add a 1 teaspoon scoop of buttercream to each color of cake crumbs, and mix it well until you form a cake ball.
- Add a small scoop of each cake ball, in order, to each cakesicle mold until you’ve formed a rainbow.
- Add an additional layer of melted chocolate on top of the cake ball, removing any excess chocolate on the sides with a cake scraper or flat surface. Freeze for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Trying out our infused PRIDE Cakesicles? Tag us on Instagram for the chance to be featured on our page!