We asked self-care enthusiast, Nomi Miraj, Owner and Founder of NOMSTERNAILZ (a Portland-based and cannabis-friendly mobile nail service), how she uses her Ardent FX for creating infused skincare at home. As we prep for the summer months ahead, Nomi shares her DIY remedies for soothing dry skin.
“The climate before summer can be very harsh on the skin when the humidity level outside drops. When the air is cold and dry outside, water in your skin evaporates more quickly, making your skin feel dry and tight, which causes it to be flakey.
Now is a perfect time to prepare your skin for summertime! The art of body polish is even more interesting when you make your own products using your Ardent device with clean ingredients.”
Self-care is for everyone! Check out a few easy ways to treat your skin below.
How to Get Started
Activate your plant material in the Ardent Nova by running a cycle using the single-button interface, or in the FX using the A1 setting to activate THC or CBG-rich material, and the A2 setting to activate CBD-rich material.
Infuse your material into oils, butters, and other bases rich in fat for infused skincare products of all kinds. Pour your infusion medium over the activated material inside the unit, fully submerging the material, using the Vessel or Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve for mess-free cleanup. Then, run another cycle in the Nova, or run an Infuse cycle in the FX, strain (using the Frainer or Infusion Press to make things easy,) and get ready to craft a fully customizable self-care product.
Nomi’s Infused Bath Salt
- ¼ cup bath salt of your choice
- ⅛ teaspoon unscented soap
- ½ teaspoon fractionated coconut oil, infused
- 15-20 drops of essential oil
- Handful of herbs, to your preference
- Combine ⅛ cup Himalayan bath salt and ⅛ cup epsom salt.
- Add the unscented soap. (The unscented soap helps it to blend in the water.)
- Add the coconut oil and mix.
- Add the essential oil.
- Infuse it in the Ardent FX using the Vessel or Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the salt blend with your choice of herbs and enjoy.
Nomi’s Infused Body Scrub
- 1 cup leftover coffee grounds
- ⅓ cup fractionated coconut oil, infused
- 2 tablespoon unscented body soap
- 15-25 drops of essential oil, to your preference
- Mix infused coconut oil with soap.
- Mix in the coffee grounds.
- Add in the essential oils and blend the mix again.
Nomi’s Infused Whole Body Oil
Nomi suggests body polishing as a year-round daily ritual to keep your skin feeling healthy and soft. First, soak your skin to soften it. Then, exfoliate it using the Infused Body Scrub. Lastly, lock in hydration with a 100% oil-based product afterwards. In the summertime, Nomi also suggests eliminating dead skin and excess body hair to avoid sweating and body odor. This will also prevent ingrown hairs and bumps on the skin.
Through the experience of making your own body polish products, Nomi encourages learning about which oils and butters are most compatible with your skin type. The ingredients and routines she recommends are based on her personal experience with the FX, her own self-care, and her client’s feedback.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon carrot seed oil
- ½ teaspoon raspberry oil
- 2 grams flower of your choice
- 15-25 drops of essential oil of your choice
- Mix all the oils, except the essential oils, and place inside the FX using the Vessel or Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve, and infuse into THC, CBD, or CBG-rich plant material.
- After it cools down, mix in the essential oils of your choice.
Stay tuned for more of Nomi’s recommendations next month to continue nourishing and protecting your skin all year long.
Visit www.nomsternailz.com for more details. Show your support and follow NOMSTERNAILZ on Instagram.