It’s too beautiful outside to stay cooped up indoors. But since “outside” is so expensive, we’ve created the perfect guide to infused picnicking, so the “we have food at home” excuse isn’t stopping you from enjoying the lovely day.
Infused Picnic Checklist
- Stay hydrated: use temperature-controlled thermoses to pack soups and cold drinks.
- Bring a cooler: plenty of coolers are on wheels, making it even easier to carry everything back to the car.
- Pack yoga mats: Use them underneath the picnic blanket for a more comfortable lounging experience.
- A bagful of fun: Bring books, charged electronics, polaroid cameras, sketch pads, and board or card games to keep busy and entertained.
- A bluetooth speaker: Fully charged + a dynamic playlist of tunes you can bliss out to.
- A little cash: the ice cream truck always makes a great day better.
- Small garbage bags, disposable plates, forks, knives, and plenty of napkins.
The Best Edibles for An Infused Picnic
- French onion dip
- Iced Tea
- Tea sandwiches
- Bread & cannabutter
- Olive oil cake
- Rice and peas
- Fries and dipping sauce
- Olive tapenade
- Green goddess dip
The Cannabis Cutie’s Lavender Vanilla Creamed Honey Recipe
Tammy Pettigrew aka The Cannabis Cutie is a California-based cannabis advocate, educator, and Ardent community member! She focuses on cannabis science, business, history, and debunking countless myths surrounding cannabis. Tammy “whipped up” a delicious recipe using her FX device. Keep reading below to learn all about her experience firsthand!
Have you ever opened your raw honey jar and noticed the huge crystals? It’s not a fun texture. You usually have to heat the honey up to break it apart, or suffer through the chunks.
I recently learned about creamed honey, sometimes called whipped honey. It’s crystallized honey that has been broken down into a shape that makes the honey spreadable. It’s a solution to the inevitable problem of raw honey sitting for too long.
How to Get Started
Now, there are two ways to start this recipe, you can take the easy way or you can take the long, hard road. The easy road is going to your local grocery store to purchase already prepared creamed honey, unless you have some on hand, then it’s even easier. The other option (and there are many) is to use a pestle and mortar on your crystallized honey, grinding it for about 40-60 minutes.
I opted for the latter, and whipped out my pestle and mortar to pound my little heart out.
Decarb, or activate, your concentrated material inside the Nova or FX, using the Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve to keep the mess to a minimum. Add your concentrate to the sleeve, cover the unit with the lid, and press the single-button interface on the Nova to start a decarb cycle. If you’re using the FX, use the A1 setting to activate THC or CBG-rich material, and A2 to activate CBD-rich material.
- Crystallized honey or creamed honey (1:9)
- Raw uncrystallized honey (9:1)
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender
- Vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract/flavoring
- 1 gram of cannabis concentrate, decarbed
How to Make The Cannabis Cutie’s Lavender Vanilla Creamed Honey
- Grind your crystalized honey. It will take 40-60 minutes and will change textures from silky smooth beyond the large chunks, to a sandy texture, and lastly, to its final state. Once the seed honey is done, weigh it on the food scale. This step is important because you need about 10% seed honey to 90% uncrystallized raw honey.
- Mix the seed honey with the raw honey until well combined. Then add your vanilla bean and lavender and mix well.
- Pour honey over the decarbed cannabis in the Sleeve and begin an infusion cycle in the Nova or FX. Once you get the green indicator light, it’s time to pour your honey into your storage container.
- From here, patience is required. The honey must crystallize, and that can take anywhere from 1-3 weeks! Your honey also must be stored at 50-60 degrees Fahrenheit. Place it in the refrigerator to speed up the process. The honey is done when it’s hardened and spreadable, about 1-3 weeks. Pair with fresh bread, tea, or use as a topping.
Trying out The Cannabis Cutie’s Infused Lavender Vanilla Creamed Honey recipe? Tag us on Instagram for the chance to be featured on our page.
Show your support and follow Tammy on Instagram! Visit her website at www.thecannabiscutie.com.