Did you know that fondue came to be in Switzerland? The word fondue translates to “to melt” in French. And that, it does. Both in the traditional way, with cheese, or in the American way, with melted chocolate.
In the 18th century, fondue was a solution for hungry families to repurpose their inedible crusty bread and old cheese – giving it new life as they waited out the winter months for fresh harvests.
Today, ski resorts and lodges serve fondue as a delicious wintery snack to warm the body and soul. Now, we’re bringing the Alps to you. Learn how to prepare, make, and serve delicious fondue right inside the Ardent FX.
How to get started
First, activate your material in the Ardent FX, using the A1 setting for THC-rich material and A2 for CBD-rich material.
Equipment you’ll need:
- Ardent FX
- Silicone spatula for mixing
- 1 garlic clove, chopped in half
- 1 cup vegetable stock, boiling
- 1/2 tablespoon Ardent Champagne Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup shredded swiss/gruyere
- 1/4 cup shredded fontina
- Crakers, chopped bell peppers, crusty bread chunks, and cherry tomatoes for serving
- 1-3 grams decarboxylated cannabis flower, ground
How to make cannabis-infused fondue:
- Preheat your FX on the bake setting and rub the garlic (chopped side outward) along the bottom and sides of the inner FX.
- Boil your vegetable stock and pour it in the FX, or allow it to heat in the FX for an hour. Add the champagne vinegar. Allow it to begin bubbling.
- While you’re waiting, create your dipping board with crackers, bread pieces, sliced bell peppers, and other veggies. Place them on skewers as desired.
- Add cornstarch to your shredded cheese, along with decarbed herb. Mix and begin placing the cheese in the FX a handful at a time, making sure each handful is fully melted before adding the next. Stir regularly with your spatula. Serve in the FX on the bake setting, and enjoy!
Indulging in our fondue recipe during your winter staycation? Tag us on Instagram for the chance to be featured on our page!