For this month’s episode of Easily Baked with Ardent, our free monthly cooking show that teaches beginner-level, from-scratch, infused recipes with the aid of Ardent technology right on Instagram Live, we tackled easy peanut butter cups using the FX and Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve! That’s right, it’s made using just the device: no microwave or stovetop required.
In case you missed out on the fun, we’re recapping it right here:
How to Get Started
The infusion base of this recipe, along with plenty of other infused foods and baked goods, is cannabutter.
To make cannabutter, start by decarboxylating your flower, kief, concentrate, or trichome-rich plant parts inside the Ardent Nova or FX. In the Nova, press the single button interface until the cycle is complete. In the FX, start an A1 cycle to activate material rich in THC or CBG, or start the A2 cycle to activate material rich in CBD. Then, add the activated plant material and the amount of butter you wish to infuse inside the Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve or in an unlidded Vessel. Place the Vessel or Sleeve inside the unit and begin an infuse cycle.
Strain out the plant material using the Infusion Press (for FX) or Frainer, and refrigerate your infusion inside the Ardent Vessel or Infusion Mold to store.
- Ardent Nova or FX
- Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve or Vessel
- Ardent FX Infusion Press or Frainer
- Muffin tin (optional)
- Cupcake liners
- Cooking spray
- 4 ounces of chocolate chips (or black/orange chocolate candy melts for Halloween)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cannabutter
- Flaky salt, coconut shreds, and hemp seeds (optional toppings)
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Peanut Butter Cups
- Add cannabutter, brown sugar, and peanut butter to the Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve or unlidded Vessel, then place inside the Nova or FX. Allow it to cook down for about 15 minutes on the Bake setting.
- Stir the mixture with a whisk, ensuring everything is melted together, and remove the Sleeve or Vessel from the device. Whisk in powdered sugar. Pour into another container and refrigerate or let cool.
- Wash the Sleeve or Vessel, dry it, and place the candy melts or chocolate chips inside of it. Place back in the FX on the Bake setting. Check on it every few minutes and mix. Add a tiny bit of coconut oil if the candy melts are still thick.
- Spray the cupcake liners with cooking spray.
- Remove the Sleeve or Vessel from the device, and pour the melted chocolate or candy melts into the cupcake liners until they’re about halfway full.
- Form the cooled peanut butter into small balls, and flatten them inside the cupcake liners until the center is covered in the peanut butter mixture.
- Pour more melted chocolate or candy melts over the peanut butter mixture inside the cupcake liners.
- Refrigerate the peanut butter cups until solid and enjoy.