June is already here, and we’re making delicious, infused tiramisu to enjoy at picnics, weed-friendly weddings, and any night of the week!
How to get started
This recipe calls for infused cream, which can be dosed however you like. To get started, place your plant material in the Nova, running a full cycle, or the FX, using A1 for THC or CBG-rich material, and A2 for CBD-rich material.
Then, pour your activated herb into the Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve (fit for either the Nova or FX,) and pour the heavy cream over top, fully submerging the plant material. Infuse the bud into the cream by running another cycle in the Nova, or the Infuse cycle in the FX.
To determine the dose of your final product, you must first know the percentage of your starting material. If you’re using just a gram, and your starting material contains 23% THCA, we’d move the decimal point over one space to the right (equaling 230 mgs.) Then we’d subtract 13% (which is the weight of the acid material that gets displaced during decarboxylation – this number is always the same.) In this case, you’ll be working with about 200 mgs of THC in your infusion.
However, cream has about a 70% infusion rate, as found in our lab testing, which would result in 140 mgs in the final heavy cream infusion. Distribute that into five 2 ounce jars, and each one should be about 28 mgs a piece.
Let’s get started.
Equipment you’ll need:
- Hand or stand mixer
- Piping bag and tip
- 5 2 oz. mason jars
- Ardent Nova or FX
- Infusion Press (FX) or Frainer (Nova)
- Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve
- Stand or hand mixer
- Refrigerator for cooling
- 1 cup infused heavy cream
- 10 ladyfingers
- 1 cup of strong coffee, chilled
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
How to make cannabis-infused tiramisu:
- Break the ladyfingers in half, one at a time, and dip them into the cooled coffee until they’ve soaked up a good bit of coffee (and before they begin breaking down.)
- Coat the bottom of each jar with a soaked layer of ladyfingers.
- In a mixer, combine the infused heavy cream, vanilla, and confectioner’s sugar on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, use a whisk to whip the mascarpone until it’s soft, then pour it into the whipped cream and mix on low for about 1 minute.
- Add the cream mixture to the piping bag and begin piping it in the jars over the soaked ladyfinger layer.
- Add another layer of soaked ladyfingers on top of the cream, and pipe out another layer of cream on top of that.
- Use a strainer to evenly powder the tops of each jar with espresso powder.
- Place your jars inside the refrigerator for 2-4 hours to cool and solidify.
Trying out our infused tiramisu recipe? Tag us on Instagram for the chance to be featured on our page!