If your cannabis keto lifestyle has got you stumped on what to make for dinner, these recipes are sure to please!
The keto diet, or ketogenic diet, is based on the principle of removing carbohydrates and sugars from your diet to induce fat burn in the body. When the body makes energy from fat, the energy is created in the liver, where the body produces ketones. Ketones are used as a power source, instead of glucose, which is created for energy when the body consumes carbs.
If you’re tired of seeing every keto recipe using a ton of bacon, ground beef, and pepperoni, vegetarian options like ours will get in your cannabinoids and fats at the same time. Ready to dig in? Keep reading.
How to Get Started
When you’re on the keto diet, you’re able to eat plenty of fats. Luckily, fats make cannabis even more bioavailable. Feel free to decarb your plant material and infuse it into mediums like butter, ghee, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, and more.
With keto recipes, you can also turn any food into an instant edible by sprinkling ground, decarbed herb into or on top of the food. It’s an easy solution when you’re short on planning, or making a recipe such as our infused keto coleslaw below. Plus, the fats in your food will make sure the cannabis is delivered to your endocannabinoid system in an efficient way.
Another solution, best for savory food, is by making and using cannasalt in your keto recipes for a simple, low-dose boost of infusion. If you’re looking for a keto version of sweetener, use the same methodology we use for cannasugar in crystallized forms like monk fruit, allulose, and erythritol.
Ardent Cannabis-Infused Keto Zucchini Boats
- 2 Zucchinis, scooped (chop and save the insides to stuff back inside)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 Cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- Sprinkle of cannasalt
- ½ Teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ Teaspoon rosemary
- ¼ Teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon cannabis-infused coconut oil
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Keto Zucchini Boats
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a skillet, add the infused coconut oil and minced garlic on a low flame until fragrant.
- Add diced tomatoes, insides of the zucchini, cannasalt, crushed red pepper, rosemary, and thyme until everything has softened.
- Remove veggies from heat and stir in ¾ of both cheeses.
- Stuff veggie and cheese mixture inside both zucchini boats, and cover with the remaining cheese.
- Place zucchini boats on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!
Ardent Cannabis-Infused Keto Cole Slaw
- 2 Cups savoy cabbage, chopped
- 2 Cups red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 Cup carrot sticks, chopped
- 1 Scallion, chopped
- ⅙ Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 Teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ Teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ Teaspoon cannasalt
- ½ Teaspoon black pepper
- Ground, decarbed bud, to taste and dose
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Keto Cole Slaw
- Combine chopped vegetables in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to another bowl, mix well, then pour over the slaw and toss.
- Top with a ground, decarbed cannabis or hemp material as needed and enjoy.
Other Keto Vegetarian Infused Recipes
- Carrots or celery with cream cheese and everything bagel seasoning
- Quiche cups, hold the crust
- Almond flour waffles
- Egg stuffed avocado boats
Cannabis Keto Community Hacks
- Ardent community member Jaclyn Isabella makes a keto cannabis-infused morning loaf using infused coconut oil made with Ardent technology. Although her recipe doesn’t include sweetener, she recommends using liquid erythritol to taste as a keto-friendly alternative. To make Jaclyn’s Morning Cannabread, start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Combine 2 cups almond flour, 3 pureed ripened bananas, 3 eggs, ½ cup walnuts, ¼ cup infused coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 2-3 tablespoons of unmedicated coconut oil in a bowl. Mix well. Place batter inside 2 small, greased loaf pans, and bake for around 40 minutes.
- Ardent community member Michele Renner Pressley recommends making keto peanut butter cups by melting down keto chocolate for the shell, and combining peanut butter with a bit of infused coconut oil and some monkfruit as sweetener. (Ardent side note: monkfruit sweetener can also be infused using the same method as cannasugar.) Peanut butter cups can be prepared in a silicone cupcake mold.
- Community member Darlene Sharples seems to be a keto cannabis expert! Check out a few of her contributions to the Ardent community below:
Darlene Sharples’ Keto Sugar Cookies
Makes: 18 cookies
Nutritional Information Per Cookie: Calories 84, Protein 3 gr, Fat 6 gr, Sat Fat 2 gr, Carbs 4 gr, Fiber 1 gr, Sugar 1 gr, Sodium 54 mg, Cholesterol 19 mg
- 5 tablespoons cannabutter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups superfine almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Keto Sugar Cookies
- Using an electric hand mixer or a whisk, cream together the butter and erythritol until light and pale in color. Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract and beat until evenly combined.
- Next, add in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt then mix until a firm dough is formed. Bring the dough together into a ball then wrap tightly in cling wrap. Transfer the dough to the fridge and chill for a minimum of 2 hours to overnight.
- Once ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- Place the dough onto a large sheet of parchment paper, then cover with another large sheet, sandwiching the dough between the 2 sheets. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a 1/4 of an inch thick sheet. Using cookie cutters, cut the dough into a variety of shapes.
- Using a large offset spatula, gently run under each cookie, lifting off the parchment and removing from the excess cookie dough. Place the cut-out cookie onto the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat this process until all of the cookies have been removed from the sheet. If you have a lot of excess dough after removing the cookies, roll the dough out again and continue to cut out cookies until all of the dough is used. This will make 16-18 large cookies, depending on what shapes you use.
- Bake the cookies 1 cookie sheet at a time for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before transferring the cookies to a rack to cool fully. Cover and store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Darlene Sharples’ Keto White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Makes: 26 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup cannabutter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup erythritol, or sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar-free white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Keto White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together butter, eggs, erythritol, and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet until a dough forms.
- Fold in chopped macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips. (If using homemade white chocolate chips, wait to add them until the very end!)
- Transfer dollops of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment. Gently flatten each cookie on top – not so it’s flat as a pancake, but just so it’s not rounded on top.
- If using homemade white chocolate chips, quickly pull them out of the freezer and press them into the top of your dough dollops.
- Bake 12 – 14 minutes, until bottoms/edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a baking rack. Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving and enjoying!
Darlene Sharples’ No Machine Keto Ice Cream
Makes: 3 pints / 12 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 150, Protein 1 gr, Fat 16 gr, Sat Fat 10 gr, Carbs 1 gr, Fiber 1 gr, Sodium 17 mg, Cholesterol 48 mg
- 2 cups infused heavy whipping cream, cold
- 14 oz sugar-free sweetened condensed milk, cold
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
How to Make Keto No Machine Keto Ice Cream
- Place sweetened condensed milk in the fridge to keep cold.
- Using a hand or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the cold cream on medium/high speed until soft peaks form.
- Turn off the machine and pour the cold condensed milk into the infused whipped cream.
- Turn the speed up to high and whisk until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks form. Turn off the machine and stir in vanilla extract.
- Now that you have your ice cream base you can add in your desired flavors. Generally, use 2 cups ice cream base and add mix-ins to create your favorite flavors.
- Once you finish creating your flavors, transfer your ice cream mixture to an airtight container and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight before eating. Keep stored in the freezer for up to 6 weeks.