This roasty, tangy Mediterranean dip is perfect for your next mezze night.
2 medium eggplants
2 tablespoons infused olive oil, divided
⅓ cup tahini
¼ cup chopped parsley
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon za’atar spice
Salt and Pepper to taste
You’ll also need…
1 food processor or high powered blender
1 NOVA Lift
1 gram starting material* (cannabis)
Difficulty level: Easy
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
** Extra time needed for activation and infusion. See our infusion guide*
- Activate your material in the NOVA Lift.
- Remove your activated material and slide the infusion sleeve into the NOVA Lift’s inner canister.
- Pour 2 ½ tablespoons of olive oil into the infusion sleeve. Add your activated material to the oil and run it for a second cycle in the NOVA Lift to infuse. Strain the oil — now it’s ready to use!
- Poke your eggplants 6-8 times with a fork and place on baking sheet. Roast at 400F for an hour, turning over about halfway through. Once the skin is charred and eggplant looks “deflated,” remove from oven and let them rest. Once they’re cool enough to handle, remove the flesh and set in a colander for about 20 minutes to drain.
- Place the eggplant and all other ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, reserving a little chopped parsley, za’atar spice and pomegranate molasses as a garnish. Blend for a minute until everything is well combined.
- Transfer to a small bowl and garnish with molasses, za’atar and parsley. Serve alongside pita and sliced cucumber.