Stock up on these healthy and portable cannabis energy balls, loaded with protein and superfoods to power you through the day.
Stock up on these healthy and portable cannabis energy bites, loaded with protein and superfoods to power you through the day. Feel free to substitute ingredients, but keep the liquid/dry ratio the same so they hold their shape. You might consider adding maca root, coconut flakes, matcha, etc. These keep in the freezer for up to a month.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
** Extra time needed for decarboxylation and infusion. See our infusion guide.
Makes 12 bliss balls, 2 inches in diameter
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup hemp hearts
¼ cup ground flaxseed
2 tbsp. cacao powder
2 tbsp. chia seeds
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
½ cup almond butter
3 tbsp. Maple syrup or raw honey
2 tbsp. coconut oil
You’ll also need…
½ gram cannabis*
1 Nova Decarboxylator
1 large bowl and 1 smaller bowl
1 rubber spatula
1 parchment lined tray
*See our dosing guide so you can decide how much cannabis to add to your recipe.
- Add desired amount of flower to your Nova decarb for one cycle. Once decarbed, remove from the Nova and grind well.
- Add your ground decarbed flower, almond flour, hemp hearts, flax seed, cacao powder, chia and sesame seeds to a large bowl and mix.
- In another bowl, add nut butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Add the liquid to the dries and incorporate using a rubber spatula until the mix is sticky and uniform, resembling cookie dough. If it’s on the dry side, you can add more maple syrup one half teaspoon at a time.
- Next, divide and round the dough into 12 balls approximately 2 inches in diameter. You can also make more smaller balls for a lighter snack.
- You can coat each one in any toppings you like: hemp hearts, toasted coconut flakes, sesame seeds, matcha powder, cacao powder. Simply roll each ball around in a shallow plate loaded with the toppings of your choice.
- After coating, place each ball on a small, parchment-lined tray and set in the freezer for 30 minutes to set up. You can then place them in a plastic storage bag and keep them in the freezer for a month. These grab-and-go snacks are great after defrosting for a few minutes at room temperature.