For those of us who don’t really wake up until the aroma of coffee fills the room, anything we can do to elevate that part of our sleepy morning and insert a shot of health and energy is a welcome addition. Bulletproof coffee (coffee with added good fats to increase your energy levels and keep you satisfied) is an incredibly easy way to get your cannabis dose as part of your breakfast of champions. It’s also great for an afternoon pick-me-up to bring you back to life after conquering the morning’s challenges.
You may have also noticed that cold brew coffee has become increasingly popular and a staple at many cafes due to its heightened caffeine content and creamy texture. Since it can be made in big batches and then used over a handful of days, cold brew can give back a precious 5 minutes in your busy morning routine. It’s great for its flavor and convenience, with noticeably less acid and a sweeter profile and more nutty notes.
Bulletproof x Cold Brew x Cannabis = A winning combination that is easy to make with FX and Nova.
Try out the recipe below and let us know what you think!
A batch of cold brew concentrate can last the week or longer by storing in the fridge. Pair it with cannabis infused MCT oil – medium-chain fatty acids derived from coconut oil – or grassfed butter to make an elevated bulletproof coffee that keeps your energy up and cravings at bay until lunchtime.
You already know our goal is to give you as many options as possible to consume your cannabis! Medicated cold brew bulletproof coffee meets that requirement and then some. Easy to make, easy to dose, easy to store, and oh so delightful to drink.
You can choose to infuse either the MCT oil or butter (or both!) with your cannabis. In this recipe, we use MCT as an example, but make sure to check our dosing guide so you can accurately infuse your coffee. Cold brew coffee is great for both its flavor and convenience. You’ll notice it’s less acidic, sweeter and has more nutty notes. Once you’ve made a batch of cold brew concentrate, you’ll have enough for the week (and it keeps even longer in the refrigerator).
Cannabis Infused Bulletproof Cold Brew Recipe
1 cup coarsely ground coffee
4 cups cold water
1 teaspoon* infused MCT oil
1 tablespoon grass-fed butter or ghee
Optional: vanilla extract, collagen peptides, sweetener
*(or desired amount, depending on dosage)
You’ll also need:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 12+ hours (steeps overnight)
** Extra time needed for activation and infusion. See our infusion guide**
The Cold Brew Concentrate
We use a 4 to 1 ratio of water to coffee, so you can increase or decrease depending on your caffeine needs.
- First, grind beans on a medium/course setting.
- Place coffee grounds in a glass jar (1 quart or larger) and add 4 cups of cold water. Stir, cover and let this steep on your counter for 12 hours.
- Strain twice using a paper filter, cheesecloth, or a very fine mesh sieve (this may require 3 filter cycles). The result is a strong cold brew concentrate that will last several weeks in your refrigerator undiluted. You’ll want to add water at a 1:1 ratio to enjoy, as it’s quite strong on its own!
We like to make a bigger batch at a time so we have enough for a few cold brews. Check out our infusion guide so you can decide how much you’d like to make
- Activate your flower in the FX or Nova.
- Put the activated flower into or our infusion sleeve containing the MCT oil. Place the Infusion Sleeve into the Nova or FX for a second cycle to infuse.
- Once the infusion cycle is complete, carefully remove the sleeve and strain the oil into an empty glass bottle. MCT oil stays liquid so try it in a dropper bottle for easy dosing.
- Add ½ cup of cold brew concentrate, ¼ cup cold water, and desired amount of the infused MCT oil in the blender, Here is where you can also add vanilla, collagen peptides, stevia, or any other flavor or health ingredient! *If you are using butter instead or in addition to the MCT oil, make sure to melt the butter first, because cold butter won’t blend with cold coffee.
- Blend on high for 1 minute until all of the fats are incorporated and the coffee becomes nice and frothy. Pour over ice and enjoy!
Make this cannbrew and all your other favorite products with Ardent’s suite of products!