Cannabis-infused brownies top the list as the world’s most famous cannabis edible, and in some cases, they’re considered infamous! The combination of gooey chocolate and high concentrations of THC make pot brownies one of the tastiest cannabis treats.
These days you can find weed brownies at nearly any dispensary but batches can range from brand to brand, state to state, and dispensary to dispensary. Plus, cannabis brownies will always be a homemade classic, so not only is it more accurate and trustworthy to make them at home, it’s more fun as well!
Outside of those points, it’s actually cheaper than commercial brands to make cannabis-infused brownies at home yourself. If you’re ready to make your own gourmet elevated brownies, check out this simple recipe we’re excited to share with you. We’ll also talk about a few different ways you can make these cannabis-infused brownies in case you have any specific dietary or space restrictions.
- Ardent Nova or FX
- Disposable piping bag
- Piping tip to make grass (such as Ateco 133)
- Stand or handheld mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Muffin tray, optional
- 8″ Baking pan
- Cooking Spray
- Mixing Bowl
- Oven, toaster or some kind of decarboxylation device
Pot Brownie Recipe
Difficulty level: Easy
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1/2 Cup Cannabutter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Before Baking Your Brownies, Decarb Your Cannabis
To decarb in the Ardent Nova, simply place your material inside the device, put the lid back on top, and press the single-button interface. In the FX, place your material inside the device, place the top on, and use the A1 setting for THC or CBG-rich material, and A2 setting for CBD-rich material. After your cannabis is decarboxylated, you will need to infuse your decarbed herb into butter, infusion boost some older cannabutter, or infuse some coconut oil, if you’d prefer that. Once infused, follow the instructions below to make a yummy batch of classically infused treats.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Use cooking spray to grease the baking pan.
- Melt 1/2 cup of cannabis butter in a saucepan on low heat.
- Remove from heat, and add eggs, 1 cup of sugar, and a teaspoon of vanilla extract into the cannabutter. Stir well.
- Add 1/3 cup of cocoa, 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Spread batter into baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove promptly and cool for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.
Benefits of Weed-Infused Brownies
- Eating weed brownies offers a smoke-free alternative to medicating.
- Consuming cannabis produces stronger effects on our endocannabinoid system than smoking, thus longer lasting effects.
- Appearing as a moist chocolatey treat, pot brownies allow for discreet medication anywhere.
Aside from the flavor factor, there are a number of benefits to consuming pot brownies:
Different Types of Pot Brownie Recipes:
1. The Vegan Weed Brownie
Whether it’s for health reasons or personal convictions, vegan brownies are a delicious plant-based option. Interested in making your own dairy-free version of this cannabis edible classic? Check out this vegan-friendly classic cannabis brownie recipe:
- 1 cup cannabis-infused cooking oil (such as infused coconut oil, see here for other alternatives to cannabutter)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Required Kitchen Equipment
- Mixing bowl
- 8″ Baking pan
- Cooking Spray
- Mixing Bowl
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix sugar, flour, cocoa power, baking powder and salt in with water, cannabis infused oil and vanilla extract and stir until blended.
- Spread evenly in the baking pan.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Cool for about at 10 minutes and serve.
Brownies Made Easy with the Ardent Stoner Snack Pack
Don’t feel like making things from scratch or even dealing with the headache of unpredictable grocery trips? We don’t blame you, that’s why we created the Ardent Stoner Snack Pack. With everything you need to make 3 classic stoner DIY recipes at home (just add water and decarbed weed,) you’ll have brownies, berry high rice crispy treats, and even a more mature version of the traditional firecracker in the palm of your hand. No kitchen space or baking experience required!
Here’s how to make the brownies from our Ardent Stoner Snack Pack:
- Decarboxylate your cannabis (flower, kief or concentrate) in the Ardent FX or Nova.
- Remove the decarbed cannabis and slide the infusion sleeve into the inner canister.
- To infuse the coconut oil, empty the oil into Ardent’s infusion sleeve, a heat safe jar, or directly in your device.
- Place the decarbed bud inside and run the unit for an infusion cycle.
- Once the infusion cycle is complete, remove and strain the coconut oil. The infused oil is now ready to use!
- Preheat your Ardent Nova or FX on the Bake cycle for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of HOT water into the Ardent Ready2Infuse cup, stir well.
- Then add 1 tsp of coconut oil and stir.
- The next steps will depend on which device you use.
In the Ardent FX…
- If you are baking in the FX, evenly distribute the batter into the three Aluminum pans provided (about 30g each).
- Using Ardent’s Triple Lifter place a pan on each level and place into your FX. Cover and let bake for the entire cycle.
- Bake and walk away. The power light will flash red when complete, then turn steady green. Total time will be about 75 minutes.
In the Nova…
- Evenly distribute the brownie mix into the cupcake liners provided and place on the Nova single or double lifter.
- Bake for the entire cycle, about 75 minutes. Enjoy!
The Best Pot Brownies to Try as Voted by the Ardent Community
Our Ardent Community on Facebook voted, and it was an overwhelming majority of people who said that using the Ghirardelli brownies mix is the absolute best way to make cannabis-infused brownies. Give it a shot and let us know!