It’s time we give corn on the cob the respect it deserves. Elote, or Mexican street corn, transforms corn on the cob from a side dish into a main course. So grab quite a bit of corn, because we guarantee our infused version will be flying off the grill at your next kickback.
Ready to give this simple, delicious recipe a try? Grab your Ardent device and keep reading!
How to Get Started
This recipe calls for cannabutter, which can be dosed however you like. Here’s a basic cannabutter recipe:
To get started, place your plant material in the Nova, running a full cycle, or the FX, using A1 for THC or CBG-rich material, and A2 for CBD-rich material. Then add a stick of butter (or some Ardent Ghee) on top of the activated material inside the unit using the Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve (fit for either the Nova or FX,) by running another cycle in the Nova or the Infuse cycle on the FX.
To determine the dose of your final product, you must first know the percentage of your starting material. If you’re using just a gram, let’s say at 23% THCA, we’d move the decimal point over one space to the right (equaling 230 mgs) and subtract 13% (which is the weight of the acid material that gets displaced during decarboxylation.) In this case, you’ll be working with about 200 mgs of THC.
Let’s get started.
- 4 – 5 pieces of corn
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup cotija cheese
- Juice of 2 – 3 key limes
- Black pepper
- More cotija cheese for garnish
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of cannabutter
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Elote
- In a bowl, combine mayo, sour cream, chili powder, garlic, cilantro, and cotija cheese. Mix.
- Toss cannabutter on your skillet then add a few pieces of shucked corn. If you’re using a grill, slather your corn in a layer of cannabutter before placing it on the grill.
- Allow it to cook evenly on all sides for about 15 – 17 minutes in the skillet.
- As soon as the corn is done, slather it in a layer of the cheese mixture and coat with some lime juice and some more cotija cheese for topping. Enjoy responsibly!