Pi, or π, is what’s called a mathematical constant. It’s the number created when you fraction a circle’s circumference by its diameter. This calculation remains true for circles of all sizes! Math aficionados celebrate the day by eating pie (pizza and fruit pies count) and reciting the literally endless numbers of pi. Thanks to all of our math enthusiast community members who reached out with Pi fun facts.
We couldn’t let Pi Day pass us by without doing a little something to celebrate! Try out this Ardent Infused Whoopie Pie recipe to celebrate our New England roots while doing a little math (to measure ingredients) for these CIRCULAR treats!
Plus, you can make Pi flags using toothpicks, paper, markers, and glue, to take these Whoopie Pies to the next level.
How to get started
Begin by decarboxylating 3.14 grams of cannabis in the Ardent Nova or FX, using the A1 setting for THC or CBG-rich material and A2 for CBD-rich material. If you’re using concentrate, consider using .314 grams of wax instead, to make up for the potency! To keep things mess-free and clean inside the device, you can use the Infusion Sleeve or Vessel. You can of course scale up or down as needed, but we love this Pi Day ratio. Once your material is decarboxylated, add a stick or two of butter right on top of the material, and allow it to infuse by running another Nova cycle or by pressing the Infuse setting on the FX. Strain out the spent material using the Infusion Press or a cheesecloth, either saving your raffinate for future use or tossing it in the trash. Refrigerate the infused butter and soften it prior to use in this recipe.
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Silicone spatula
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Food scale
- 2 – 4 Parchment lined baking sheets
- 3.14 grams of cannabis or hemp material
- Ardent Nova or FX
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil (this can be infused if you like)
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ – 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup hot water
- 198 grams of cannabutter
- 2 ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
- Sprinkle of salt
- Vanilla, to taste
- 3 ½ cups marshmallow fluff
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt to a mixing bowl. Whisk together.
- In the mixer, combine brown sugar, buttermilk, oil, egg, and vanilla. Mix.
- Add in hot water and mix until well combined.
- Allow them to bake for 8 minutes. Cool.
- Begin making the filling by combining softened cannabutter and powdered sugar in the mixer on medium speed until thoroughly combined. Add in vanilla extract and keep mixing.
- Fold in salt and marshmallow fluff using the spatula. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Agitate the marshmallow fluff mixture and add to a piping bag fitted with the tip of your choice.
- Add fluff to one side of the Whoopie Pie and place the top cake top of it. Add Pi Day toothpick flags to each of your whoopies and enjoy!
Trying out our Ardent Infused Whoopie Pies? Tag us in your Pi Day edible adventures on Instagram for the chance to get featured on our page!