This winter, hot cocoa bombs have been all the rage. What better way to celebrate National Hot Cocoa Day on January 31st than with Ardent’s very own cannabis-infused hot chocolate bomb recipe?
Keep reading below to learn how to make this timeless, infused treat that requires no prep other than a good decarb of your fresh material.
You’ll need to acquire a mold for your hot chocolate bombs: we always prefer using silicone because it’s very easy to work with and to clean. Then, keep some chocolate melts on hand to do the heavy lifting.
Finally, you’ll need some traditional hot chocolate mix along with plenty of marshmallows and fun sprinkles. To make it an infused bomb, decarb some flower and give it a good grind afterward. Let’s go!
How to Make Infused Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Decarb your flower. (If you have an Ardent FX or Nova, use the A1 setting for THC-rich material and A2 setting for CBD-rich material.) After decarbing, grind your flower and place it to the side.
- Melt your chocolate wafers in the FX on the infuse setting or in the microwave for about 90 seconds. Stir until every piece has fully melted into the mixture. Using a spoon, begin coating your silicone mold with chocolate. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, grab the mold from the fridge and start patching up any holes with the rest of the melted chocolate. Give it another round in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Take out your chocolate mold and begin removing each chocolate shell. Place on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Divide your shells in half, leaving one side empty, and putting 2 tablespoons of hot chocolate mix, some mini marshmallows (or one large marshmallow,) some sprinkles, and a dash of ground, decarbed herb in the other half.
- One at a time, place the empty half of your chocolate shells on a hot saucepan for 3 seconds and adhere the empty sides to the filled sides of the cocoa bomb.
- Wrap each hot cocoa bomb in a cellophane wrapper and close with a twist tie or ribbon. Perfect for gifting or enjoying on your own!
Trying out our infused hot cocoa bomb recipe? Tag us on Instagram for the chance to be featured on our page.