We find joy in long, sunshine filled days and exposing a bit more of our skin as we soak up the sun. Summer means more sweat and more sunscreen: your skin is also craving fresh, seasonal fruits and veggies that will exfoliate and renew your skin.
The summer climate can cause congestion and breakouts on the skin, especially if the excess oil your skin is producing is not balanced. SPF and other tanning products contain many ingredients that can clog the pores, so we make our own sun tanning oil to help achieve a natural, summer glow.
Light oil-based products can balance your skin’s oil levels and soothe the inflammation caused by heat. We love combining skin-nourishing oils with cannabis or hemp to avoid skin irritation and inflammation of all kinds.
Aroma is usually what attracts us to beauty and wellness products, so you can customize your product with the essential oils of your choosing.
Ardent teamed up with self-care enthusiast, Nomi Miraj, Owner and Founder of Nomsternailz, for wellness recipes to prep our summer skin for the perfect tan.
The recipes Nomi created contain fresh, lightweight herbal oils that are soaked up quickly in the skin due to their similarity to the oils that the body naturally produces. This summer, explore natural, clean beauty with Ardent.
Disclaimer: Discuss what’s best for protecting your skin in the sun with your doctor, dermatologist, or healthcare physician.
How to Get Started
Activate your plant material in the Ardent Nova by running a cycle using the single-button interface, or in the FX using the A1 setting to activate THC or CBG-rich material, and the A2 setting to activate CBD-rich material.
Infused Sun Tan Oil
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons Ardent Traditional Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon carrot seed oil
- ½ teaspoon raspberry oil
- 2 grams cannabis or hemp flower, decarboxylated
- 15 – 25 drops of essential oil of your choice
- Mix the avocado oil, olive oil, carrot seed oil, and raspberry oil.
- Infuse the blended oil and activated cannabis or hemp flower inside the FX on the Infuse setting.
- Strain using the Ardent Frainer or Infusion Press.
- Once cooled, mix in the essential oils of your choice. Enjoy!
Infused Face Oil
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil
- 1 tablespoon Ardent Traditional Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 – 18 drops of essential oil of your choice
- 1.5 grams cannabis or hemp flower, decarboxylated
- Combine jojoba and olive oils.
- Add the decarboxylated flower and infuse inside the Ardent Nova or FX inside the Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve to avoid the mess.
- Strain using the Ardent Frainer.
- Add the essential oils in once the oil has cooled, and mix.