Eid Mubarak! Today, Muslims around the world celebrate the end to a month of fasting — that means no food or water during the period of time between sunrise to sunset. Many participants also use this holy period to abstain from other vices, and many opt to hold off on cannabis consumption unless it’s being used for medical purposes.
Ramadan is about more than sacrifice, though, it’s about developing a new sense of consciousness and thankfulness in your everyday life.
Eid al-Fitr marks the first day of a three-day long celebration. If you want to celebrate along with roughly 2 billion Muslims around the globe, wear some new clothing, make large charitable donations, and get ready to feast away.
Dates are traditionally eaten to break your fast during Ramadan. With plenty leftover, it’s time to make some infused chocolate-covered dates to celebrate the end of the holy month. Here’s how:
How to Get Started
To make infused, chocolate-covered dates for Eid, you’ll need to grab our Magic Shell Infusion Kit or some chocolate melts (or chocolate chips if you plan to use a double boiler,) and coconut oil.
Figuring out your personal dose depends on a few factors. When you determine how much starting material you want to use, move on to your infusion step.
Since you get 97-100% activation of the cannabinoids in your starting material using Ardent technology, you can follow this easy formula to achieve a pretty accurate, predictable dose and experience. You lose 13% of the original weight when the acid molecule is removed during decarboxylation. Starting percentage on one gram of bud (23% for example) x 10 (this is always the same) = 230 – 13% (this is always the same) = 200 mgs.
For a full batch, you’ll be melting down the entire bag of chocolate with the entire jar of provided coconut oil. For a smaller batch, pour half the bag of chocolate from the kit, along with half the provided coconut oil (1 oz) to the sleeve and infuse them together.
- Ardent Magic Shell Infusion Kit
- Shredded coconut, sprinkles, sliced nuts, nonpareils, and any other toppings you desire
How to Make Infused Magic Shell Dates
- Decarb your cannabis or hemp material in the Ardent Nova or FX. Use the Nova’s single-button interface to decarb, or press A1 on the FX to activate THC or CBG-rich material, and A2 to activate CBD-rich material.
- Add your activated material to the Kit’s provided coconut oil inside the unit using the provided Nova Sleeve. Run a second cycle using the Nova’s single-button interface, or begin the FX’s Infuse setting.
- If you’re making a big batch of infused dates, mix all of the coconut oil with the entire bag of chocolate in the Sleeve and allow it to melt for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir the infused chocolate mixture thoroughly and allow it to cool for 2 minutes.
- Drop the dates, one at a time, into the chocolate. Using a fork, remove the chocolate-covered dates from the Sleeve and place them on a piece of parchment paper to cool.
- Top each date with the topping of your choice while the chocolate is still wet. Use the sprinkles included in the Magic Shell Infusion Kit, or use coconut flakes, sliced almonds, pistachios, toffee pieces, and more.
- Place the parchment sheet in the fridge to cool and enjoy once hardened!
When to Enjoy
- On Eid
- When you want to curb a sweet tooth craving
- With trail mix instead of M&Ms
- In smoothies
Trying out our infused dates this Eid? Tag us on Instagram for the chance to be featured on our page.