We’re back with more recipes by HiVi’s Higher Ups! This time the community of moms are serving up savory vegan small bites using the Ardent FX.
From mushroom “ceviche” to seared “scallops”, learn how to make two mouthwatering mushroom-forward recipes, along with a bonus recipe: an infused spicy balsamic vinegar and olive oil dip. Yum!
We highly recommend giving them a try on Meatless Monday, or next time you’re feeling creative in the kitchen. Check out the recipes below!
All of the recipes below utilize the power of Ardent technology. There’s no better companion to a homemade meal: both the Ardent Nova and the Ardent FX get you precision (97-100%) activation of your plant materials to make infused dishes in any space from start to finish. Home appliances simply cannot compare.
Happy Shroom Ceviche
Submitted by Valerie Lollett, inspired by The Vegan Stoner Cookbook
- 1 gram CBD flower
- 15 ml coconut oil
- 1 or 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 date
- ¼ of 1 onion
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Handful of cilantro
- Juice of 3 limes
- Garlic salt, a few sprinkles
- Tortilla chips
- CBD oil (to taste)
- Activate your CBD flower in the Ardent FX on the A2 setting. Once the cycle is complete, completely submerge the activated plant material in the coconut oil and run an infuse cycle. Strain.
- Chop the mushroom, onion, date, and cherry tomatoes.
- Cook the mushrooms in a pan with a splash of water and the date.
- Strain out the water, and place the mushrooms and date in a bowl with the cherry tomatoes and CBD oil. Mix.
- Add onion, a few shakes of garlic salt, a handful of cilantro, and lime juice to the bowl and mix.
- Serve the ceviche with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Vegan Seared “Scallops” in Infused Brown Butter and Leche de Tigre
Submitted by Darlene Tran
- 1 gram of 1:1 CBD/THC Flower (110mg THC, 100mg CBD)
- 8 ounce Vegan Butter (We like Miyoko’s)
Yields 4 Tbsp infused vegan butter (approx 6-7mg THC/Tablespoon)
Tiger’s Milk Ingredients:
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2-4 thin slices of ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2-3 cilantro stems with leaves
- 1 tablespoon aji amarillo paste
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- ½ -1 teaspoon kelp powder
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 2 king oyster mushrooms, cut into 1 inch disks
- 1-2 tablespoon oil, for searing
- Activate the cannabis in the FX using the A1 setting. Then, completely submerge the plant material in the vegan butter and allow it to infuse on the Infuse setting. Strain.
- Whisk miso paste and kelp powder in warm water.
- Slice king oyster mushrooms into 1-1.5 inch disks (to mimic size/shape of sea scallops) and add to marinade. Let them sit for at least 1 hour, and pat prior to cooking
- In a separate bowl, combine lime juice, ginger, garlic, cilantro, avocado oil and aji amarillo paste. Marinate for at least 30 minutes and strain. Set aside.
- Heat a stainless steel pan on medium to medium-high heat and coat with oil. Once the pan is hot, lay the “scallops” down. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, or until both sides are seared and golden brown.
- In a separate small pan, heat your vegan butter on low to medium-low heat and slowly bring to a bubble. Keep a close eye on it and once the butter becomes a caramel color, remove from the stove.
- To serve, place “scallops” in a deep plate, pour brown butter and aji amarillo tiger’s milk on top. Garnish with edible flowers and cilantro. Enjoy!
Infused Spicy Balsamic Vinegar & Olive Oil Dip
Submitted by Kimmy King
- ½ cup Ardent Citrus Habanero EVOO
- 1 gram THC-rich flower
- Juice of ½ a blood orange
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Black pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Parsley, to taste
- Oregano, to taste
- Thyme, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Toasted bread for serving
- Activate the cannabis in the FX using the A1 setting. Then, completely submerge the plant material in the EVOO and allow it to infuse on the Infuse setting. Strain.
- Toss your infused EVOO into a bowl, and begin mixing in citrus juice, spices, and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve with your favorite toasted bread and enjoy!
Giving the HiVi Cannamom’s vegan recipes a try? Tag us on Instagram for the chance to be featured on our page.Trying these yourself? Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram or share in our owners-only Ardent You Glad You Can Decarb group!