Hasselback potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to eggs benedict, corned beef hash, or even lox bagels. From wake and bakes to midnight snacking, infused Hasselback potatoes are a delicious side dish, appetizer, or main course that can be made completely vegan.
Here’s how to make some for your next breakfast:
How to get started
Get started by running a decarb cycle in the Ardent Nova or FX for your flower, kief, concentrate, stems, sugar leaf, or trim. If using the Nova, press the one-button interface and wait for the button to turn from red, back to green, or if you’re using the FX, decarb THC or CBG-rich material using the A1 setting, and CBD-rich material using the A2 setting.
Using the Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve fit for either the Nova or FX, get mess-free cleanup of your device once the infusion process is over. Inside the Nova, simply add ghee to the sleeve with the decarbed material and run another cycle. Inside the FX, add ghee to the sleeve with the decarbed material and run an infusion cycle. Remove once the cycle is complete, and strain using a cheesecloth, coffee filter, the Ardent Frainer, or the Ardent Infusion Press. Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use. If you’re making a plant-based version of this recipe, opt to infuse some EVOO instead, or replace the Ardent Ghee with vegan margarine and hold the sour cream at the end.
Melt your Ardent Ghee down for use in this recipe, or use it as soon as it comes out of the Nova or FX unit.
- 3 lbs Russet potatoes
- 30 grams melted Ardent Ghee
- 2 tablespoons Ardent Tuscan Herb EVOO
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Rosemary, to taste
- Thyme, to taste
- Dollop of sour cream
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Hasselback Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash 3 lbs of potatoes and place them on a baking sheet.
- Carefully slice into each potato horizontally, without fully slicing through the bottom, leaving about ¼ of an inch uncut with each slice. Add 5-10 horizontal cuts to each potato depending on the length.
- In a bowl, combine the melted Ardent Ghee, EVOO, and spices. Spread a layer of the oil and ghee mixture on each potato, getting in between each slice, and dressing them up individually with rosemary and thyme.
- Place the potatoes in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Take the potatoes out, gather the pan drippings, and spread another layer of the infused oil and ghee mixture over the potatoes. Place them back in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with a few dollops of sour cream and enjoy!
Giving our infused hasselback potatoes a try? Shout us out with a tag on Instagram for the chance to be featured on our page!