Whether you call him Baby Yoda, The Child, or Grogu, this little green creature has stolen the hearts of Star Wars fans and newbies alike. So, in honor of May 4th, or Star Wars Day, (get it?) drink up with an infused Grogu mocktail.
May the 4th be with you!
How to Get Started
This recipe calls for cannasugar. When making cannasugar, a great ratio to keep in mind is 2 parts cannasugar to 1 part green dragon (or infused, strong grain alcohol). Let it sit out for 24 hours, allowing the alcohol to evaporate off, and then it becomes a usable, infused medium for recipes of all kinds – especially perfect for non-alcoholic drinks.
Ardent cannatechnology gives you 97-100% activation of your plant material (compared to only about 60% if you use the oven or crockpot). You can check the COA on the label of your compliantly-purchased cannabis to determine the percentage of THCa present in your starting material.
During decarboxylation, the acid molecule (or the “a” in THCa or CBDa) is removed, displacing 13% of the molecule’s original weight. To find the total amount of THC after decarboxylation, multiply the amount of THCa by .87%. Occasionally, the calculation is already done for you, like in compliantly-purchased products found in Washington DC, for example, so you may see a final THC number on the back of your flower, even though the flower actually contains THCa.
Determine how many mgs are in each tablespoon of your cannasugar to inform your dose, and let’s make these mocktails!
- Margarita glass
- Brown paper bag
- Tape (rolled into a loop or double sided)
- Cakepop or lollipop stick
- Ardent Nova or FX
- 2 tablespoons cannasugar
- 4 oz lime seltzer, chilled
- 2 kiwis, skinned and juiced
- 2 black olives
How to Make an Infused Baby Yoda Mocktail
- Prepare your cannasugar 24 hrs in advance.
- Skin two kiwis with a knife, and chop them into smaller bits, then place them in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 45-60 seconds to loosen some juice.
- Strain the pulp and seeds out of the kiwis using a cheesecloth and squeeze until you have a good portion of kiwi juice.
- Mix two tablespoons of cannasugar into the kiwi juice and allow it to fully dissolve.
- Pour the kiwi juice into a margarita glass, and add 4 ounces of chilled lime seltzer on top.
- Add two black olives to a lollipop stick with space on both ends and a bit between each olive. This will be his eyes. Place it along the rim of the glass so it’s stabilized on two sides.
- Add a slice of kiwis to both sides of the rim to make the ears.
- Begin wrapping the stem of your glass with a brown paper bag, cut to fit, and fasten with a piece of looped or double sided tape.
When to Enjoy
- On May 4th, for Star Wars Day
- During any Star Wars movie or show viewing
- On Cinco de Mayo, minus the olives and brown paper bag and plus a delicious rim
- Any time, without the brown paper bag and olives
- Alternatively, you can replace the kiwi juice with strawberry, blackberry, blueberry, or any other fragrant fruits for an elevated beverage at any time
Trying out our infused Grogu mocktail? Tag us on Instagram for the chance to be featured on our page.