Let’s make your own cannabis-infused chili oil!
Ready to give your foods a lil’ spicy kick? LA-based chef, Elevated Eight cannabis cook-off winner, and Ardent FX user (follow her @wenyerhungry) is here to share an infused oil recipe that you’ll be sure to love – Cannabis-Infused Sichuan Chili Oil!
This infused chili oil recipe is sure to please your taste buds. Add it to toast and pizzas to add some chili flavor, or just drizzle it over anything you want to add a little extra spice to! Plus, you’ll get a nice infused feeling afterwards.
So, get your Ardent FX out and follow Wendy’s video and recipe below to start learning how to make cannabis-infused chili oil!
Check out the new kits here.
Cannabis-Infused Sichuan Chili Oil Recipe
- 3.5g cannabis (adjust the amount to your preferred potency)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 star anise
- 1 tbsp sichuan peppercorn
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 cup canola (can substitute for other neutral oils)
- 1/3 cup chili flakes, preferably spicy ones from your local Asian market
- Decarb cannabis on A1 cycle in the Ardent FX.
- Add all other ingredients in the Ardent and start the infuse cycle. Infuse for at least 45mins.
- Once infused, dump all ingredients and infused oil in a small pot with thermometer. Heat to 150-170 until golden brown. ~15-20mins.
- Once aromatics are golden brown, heat oil up to 220. Remove from heat and strain hot oil over chili flakes. Stir to combine.
Wendy’s pro tip: Keep the fried aromatic bits to put on top of toasts or grind up to add to chili sauce for extra flavor and crispiness.