For this month’s episode of Easily Baked with Ardent, our free monthly cooking show that teaches beginner-level, from-scratch, infused recipes with the aid of Ardent technology right on Instagram Live, we tackled classy, illuminating cannabutter candles!
In case you missed out on the fun, we’re recapping it right here:
How to Get Started
The infusion base used in this recipe is butter, of course.
To make cannabutter, you’ll need to decarb your plant material in the Ardent FX. Once your decarb cycle is complete, add the plant material and a stick or two of butter to the Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve. Place the sleeve inside the FX and run an Infuse cycle. When the infusion is complete, strain using a strainer, cheesecloth, or the Ardent Frainer. To make your cannabutter even stronger, infuse your butter with concentrate or kief, instead of flower.
- Ardent FX (or Ardent Nova)
- Ardent Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve
- Ardent Frainer
- Ardent Infusion Mold
- Candle wick
- Plastic wrap
- Cannabis or hemp
- Butter or heavy cream (if you’re using heavy cream, also include a whisk, hand or stand mixer, or mason jar to turn the heavy cream into butter and buttermilk)
- Salt or cannasalt
- Additives including cannasugar, cinnamon, honey, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper, and black pepper
How to Make A Cannabutter Candle
- Allow your cannabutter to sit out on the counter at room temperature until soft enough to mold with your hands.
- Lay out a sheet of plastic wrap and place the softened cannabutter on it.
- Make sure the plastic wrap fully covers the butter, and flatten the butter.
- Place the wick in the center of the flattened butter, covering ¾ of the length with wick, and form into a cylinder by folding the butter inwards.
- Light, watch carefully, and enjoy.