Dope Dinners was founded by a husband and wife team that specializes in curating multi-sensory personal chef experiences in the Greater Boston Area. A chef and an event planner, Edgard and Anna Hunt offer custom menus and custom dosing, and their seasonal dishes celebrate New England’s bounty with a strong influence of Edgard’s Caribbean roots.
With the help of Ardent technology, the dynamic duo whipped up a Jerk Spice Rub using ground, decarbed bud in its raw form: no infusion or baking required. Perfect for grilling or roasting, this easy-to-make spice mix will add a Caribbean flare to every dish you use it in!
- Ardent Nova or FX
- Mortar and pestle, or clean coffee grinder
- Mixing bowl
- Sheet tray and parchment paper, or large saute pan
- Ardent Vessel
- 1 gram of decarboxylated cannabis, ground
- 4 tablespoons onion powder
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg, fresh grated
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 tablespoons Korean chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- Toasted & ground
- 2 tablespoons allspice
- 2 tablespoons clove
- 1 tablespoons star anise
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorn
- 1 cinnamon stick
- *Optional* 2 tablespoons koji rice
- Decarboxylate your plant material in the Ardent Nova or FX by running a full cycle in the Nova, or by using the A1 setting on the FX for THC-rich bud, and the A2 setting for CBD-rich herb.
- To toast the included spices, you can either put in the oven on a sheet tray with parchment paper at 300℉ for 10-15 min, or in a large saute pan over a low-medium heat until lightly toasted. Toasting the included spices allows for their natural oils to release while at the same time deepening their flavors.
- *Option*: If you do not want to go through the process of toasting and grinding, you can always purchase the spices already ground. All you’ll need to do is add your decarboxylated material!
- Using a mortar and pestle or a clean coffee grinder, grind all of the spices and combine all together in a bowl. Once fully combined, use right away by adding to your favorite dish (great on chicken, fish, jackfruit, mushrooms, and beyond), or store in an airtight container, such as the Ardent Vessel. Enjoy!
About Dope Dinners
Dope Dinners brings to life high-end luxury dining experiences with special touches customized for your crew. With education and advocacy at the center of their work, the couple showcases their cooking talents while promoting community building and wellness. From the table décor to the playlist, Dope Dinners helps you celebrate any special occasion in a new dope way. Most of all, the food is dope. Follow them on Instagram and sign up for their newsletter. #EatWellChillHard
Trying out Dope Dinners’ cannabis-infused Jerk Spice Rub recipe? Tag us both on Instagram for the chance to be featured on our page!