Bentonite clay masks are delightfully cleansing. They absorb dirt and oils on the skin, including sebum, which causes acne.
For those who are new to the wonders of bentonite clay, this volcanic ash has a slew of other benefits too! It’s rich in natural essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium, copper, silicon, potassium, and iron, among others. It’s also said to have inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which, when paired with CBD, makes for a perfect nourishing mask to reduce puffiness in the morning or before bed.
Bentonite clay masks can be used as an all-over face mask, as a spot treatment on oily problem areas, or even on the body as a mild exfoliant. While bentonite clay is generally used for oily skin types, our recipe includes nourishing CBD-infused sweet almond oil, which leaves the skin feeling clean, supple, and moisturized.
DIY CBD-Infused Clay Face Mask Recipe
How to get started
Decarboxylate your cannabis material in the Ardent FX or Nova, using the A1 setting for THC-rich material and A2 setting for CBD-rich material. Infuse your material into an ounce of sweet almond oil by either running another cycle in the Nova (using the Infusion Sleeve to keep things mess-free) or the Infusion setting on the FX. Strain out your spent material from the infused oil using a cheesecloth, coffee filter, or the Ardent Infusion Press.
Equipment you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons of bentonite clay
- ~2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon CBD infused almond oil
- Using a wooden spoon (it’s very important when working with clay to not use metal as it will affect the ionization and reduce effectiveness,) scoop your bentonite clay into the bowl.
- Mix in water until the clay has become a paste.
- Add in apple cider vinegar and almond oil. Mix well.
- Apply to the face, neck, and chest using your fingertips, avoiding eyebrows, eyes, and the hairline. Allow it to dry and harden for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water and pat dry with a towel. Repeat 2-3 times a week or as needed.
Going for a little self-care with our DIY CBD-Infused Face Mask recipe? Tag us on Instagram in your clay mask selfies for the chance to be featured on our page!