There aren’t many ways to upgrade pizza. It’s already pretty great. But weed-infused pizza is definitely an upgrade. Especially if you start with your favorite pizza, then infused with cannabis. Luckily for you, here at Ardent we teach cannabis advocates and even the new canna-curious how to create their own infused recipes. So, here is how to make a cannabis-infused pizza with a recipe that gives you the ability to choose the toppings AND the dosage. So you know the basics, there are a few ways to make weed-infused pizza, but we’re making ours with infused olive oil.
Active prep time = 25 minutes
Inactive prep = 20 minutes
Cook time = 20 minutes
Ready in = 1 hour, 5 minutes
Makes two large pizzas or three medium pizzas
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Here’s How to Make Cannabis-Infused Pizza
Weed-Infused Pizza Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 packets (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cannabis-infused olive oil (instructions below)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice
- As with all edible creations, start by decarbing your cannabis. Use Ardent’s FX, or Nova decarboxylator if you want to get the absolute most out of your THC or CBD during decarb.
- After your bud is activated, make cannabis-infused olive oil. You could also skip the infusion step and simply grind your decarbed material, mix it with the pizza sauce or place it on with your toppings. Easy peasy!
- Pour the water into a large bowl, add yeast, and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in 2 teaspoons sugar, ¼ cup infused oil, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Using a dough hook, mix in approximately 2 cups of flour until well incorporated. Mix in the remaining 2 cups of flour until the dough is no longer sticky. If needed, knead in additional flour 1 tablespoon at a time. Knead until smooth and let the dough rest in the mixing bowl for 20 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and grease your baking sheets.
- When the dough is done resting, split it in half, roll it out, and place it on your baking sheets.
- Top your pizzas with tomato sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings: pepperoni, sausage, peppers, bacon, pineapple, whatever you’d like! Before baking, you can drizzle infused olive oil on top for a more potent pizza. You can also decarb some flower and grind it up, then sprinkle that on top as well for added potency.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and enjoy! Remember to start slow until you know your tolerance level. Always start low and go slow when trying infused recipes.
Cannabis Pizza Recipe notes:
- If you’d like to save some of the dough for later, you can store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. To do this, flatten the dough into discs and tightly wrap in plastic wrap or store in freezer bags. Just be sure to take it out to thaw a few hours before you plan on using it!
- This dough can also be used to make breadsticks or even cinnamon sticks.