In case you missed our May episode of Easily Baked with Ardent, our Key Lime Pie recipe is the perfect light summer treat. They’re made in 4 ounce mason jars, two at a time if you have the FX Double Lifter, and can be tossed in coolers and enjoyed discreetly on the beach, at BBQs, at picnics, and more.
Being in small jars also makes them a super affordable DIY gift. Say “thank you,” “I love you,” or “you deserve a pick-me-up.” Check out the recipe below.
How to get started
For this recipe, we advise infusing in two different ways. Depending on what you have on hand, and considering your personal dose, you can opt to infuse the crust using cannabutter, or to infuse the filling using the “instant edible” method.
To make cannabutter using Ardent technology: decarboxylate your plant material in the Nova using the single button interface, or decarb in the FX using the A1 setting to activate THC or CBG-rich material, and A2 to activate CBD-rich material. Pour butter or Ardent Ghee over your decarbed material in the unit, completely submerging the herb, and allow it to infuse by running another Nova cycle or pressing the Infuse setting on the FX.
The instant edible method is quite simple: add ground, decarbed herb to any food to transform it into something infused. This works well in recipes with some kind of oil or fat, including nuts, avocado, or butter, milk, oil, etc., increasing its bioavailability. You can toss it into a batter/mixture before cooking or baking, which we’ll be doing in this recipe, or tossing it on top of a fully cooked food like pizza as a spice.
Equipment you’ll need:
- 1-2 4-ounce mason jars
- Hand juicer
- Measuring spoons
- ⅓ measuring cup
- Rolling pin (or other weighed object that can crush graham crackers)
- Ziplock bag
- Small jar (for pushing the crust down)
- Ardent FX Double Lifter
- Ardent FX
- 2 full graham crackers, crushed
- ⅙ cup light brown sugar
- 10 grams cannabutter
- ⅙ cup full fat Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Edible flowers, for decoration (optional)
- Lime zest, for decoration (optional)
How to make FX in-unit key lime pies:
- Preheat the FX on the bake setting.
- Put the graham crackers in the Ziplock bag, and begin crushing them into a fine powder using the rolling pin.
- In a bowl, combine the crushed graham crackers, brown sugar, and cannabutter. Mix well and distribute evenly to both jars.
- Press the graham cracker crust down using a small jar, mashing it into a flat layer.
- Place both jars on the Double Lifter and place it inside the FX to bake for 20 minutes.
- While you wait for the crust to cook, combine Greek yogurt, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and lime zest.
- When the crust is finished, begin filling both jars with the key lime filling and place them back on the Double Lifter to bake in the FX for 30 more minutes.
- Place inside the fridge to cool for at least an hour, decorate, and enjoy responsibly!
Trying out our in-unit key lime pie recipe? Tag us on Instagram for the chance to be featured on our page!
Join us for our next live event!