How to Make Cannabis Cookies
July 19, 2018
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted, melted butter
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ¼ ounce to ¾ ounce of decarbed flower, amount depends on desired strength
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Decarb your herb using the oven method (220 degrees F for 40 minutes) or for best results, use a NOVA decarboxylator. When your weed is decarbed, grind it into small pieces to mix into cookie dough.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and grease two baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Mix 2 cups flour, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon baking soda, and decarbed bud in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a second bowl using a mixer, cream together ¾ cup of melted butter, 1 cup brown sugar, and ⅓ cup white sugar. Beat in 1 tablespoon vanilla, the egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix in dry ingredients until incorporated. Using a spatula, fold in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto your prepared cookie sheets, being sure to leave a few inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are light brown. Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to wire cooling rack. As with all edibles, start slow until you know your tolerance level.
- The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks. To keep them moist, store a single slice of bread in the container with them.