Contributed by ¡WEPA! Farms
“¡Wepa!” is an expression of joy or accomplishment in Puerto Rico. We collaborated on a recipe with WEPA Farms to bring you just that.
Luis Angel Vega III is the founder of WEPA Farms, a hemp farming, processing, and product manufacturing company based in Connecticut. When Connecticut launched its first Hemp Production program back in 2019, Vega connected legacy farmers with the education and resources to include hemp in their rotation of crops.
Today, WEPA Farms now manages hemp production in 3 states and supports a family farm on the beautiful Island of Puerto Rico with genetics, permits, IPM and post-harvest management. Back in New England at the company headquarters, the team is caring for plant genetics that are now offered to patients in the state, paired with cultivation education.
Following the brand’s namesake spirit of celebration, we partnered with WEPA to bring some NuyoRican flair to your edible game. Use your Ardent device to make hemp infused sancocho – a warm, filling dish prepared throughout numerous countries across Latin America. It’s also the national dish of Panama!
Sancocho is filled with plenty of vegetables, and traditionally, a few meats, making it a great meal idea for those trying to ward off winter illness. The addition of high-quality hemp grown in organic conditions makes it even more beneficial! Keep reading to find out how to make some hemp infused sancocho of your own.
Win WEPA Farms Hemp and an Ardent Nova!
Here’s your chance to win a flight of WEPA Farms hemp strains including Hawaiian Haze, Suver Haze, Sour Space Candy, and Cherry Blossom, and an Ardent Nova. Enter our contest on Instagram by commenting on your favorite CBD infused treat and tag two friends for the chance to win!
How to Get Started
The base of this infused recipe is cannabis infused olive oil. To prepare an extra virgin olive oil infusion, start by decarboxylating your CBD-rich material. If you’re decarbing CBD inside the Ardent Nova, run the single button interface two times, with a cool down break in between cycles. If you’re decarboxylating CBD inside the Ardent FX, select the A2 setting. For infusion, simply pour olive oil over the decarboxylated hemp, using the Ardent Vessel or Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve for mess-free cleanup. Once the plant material is fully submerged, begin another cycle in the Nova, or an Infuse cycle inside the FX. Strain using the Ardent Frainer or Infusion Press, and use in recipes of all kinds.
- 5 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 Tablespoons of (CBD infused) olive oil
- 1 Celery stalk
- 2 – 3 Cilantro stalks
- 1 Yaotia (taro root)
- 1 Half yuca root
- 1 ½ Cups of shiitake mushroom
- 1 Red potato
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Ear of sweet corn
- 1 Half green plantain
- ¼ Cup white onion, minced
- Water or vegetable stock to fill line
- 3 Teaspoon sofrito (Goya store-bought or homemade)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- ½ teaspoon sazon, or to taste
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1 Teaspoon oregano
- 1 Teaspoon salt or cannasalt
- 1 Avocado, optional for serving
- White rice, optional for serving
How to Make ¡WEPA! Farms CBD Infused Sancocho Inside the Ardent FX
- Preheat the FX to the Bake setting.
- Add the cannabis infused extra virgin olive oil and minced garlic to the FX until simmering, about 4-5 minutes. Keep lid closed while simmering.
- Add cilantro, celery, and onion to the FX. Mix and close.
- Add in mushrooms and yaotia.
- Peel and dice up your roots and plantain, then add them to the FX. Be sure to peel the tough yuca vein at the center of it, and place roots in cold water to avoid discoloration while you prepare vegetables. Add potato close to last to avoid them getting too mushy. Chop or beak the corn into 2 – 3 pieces and add it to the FX as well.
- Add seasonings to the mixture and add water or vegetable stock up to the fill line.
- Cover and let it boil up for 35 minutes. Then give it another good mix and let it boil for another 15 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl over white rice and top with avocado. Enjoy!