Ardent community member, Cristina Nosonowitz, created homemade CBD-infused dog treats for a friend’s pup who was diagnosed with cancer. She also uses this recipe to manage her own dog’s anxiety.
If you’re looking for a way to bring your dog some calm while helping them achieve homeostasis, check out Cristina’s easy recipe below:
How to Get Started
Dosing for our pets is a bit more gentle than dosing for ourselves. When you’re starting out, just use 1 – 2 mgs per every 10 pounds of weight. You can adjust for your pet’s specific needs per their veterinarian’s recommendations.
This recipe uses CBD-infused vegetable oil. To infuse vegetable oil, just decarboxylate your hemp material in the Ardent FX using the A2 setting. Remember, you probably won’t even need a whole nug for this, since the dosing recommendations are so low. Once the cycle is complete, pour the vegetable oil over the activated hemp and allow it to infuse on the Infuse setting. Use the Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve or an unlidded Vessel to make things even more mess-free. Strain out the infusion using the Frainer or FX Infusion Press.
If you want to dose up your pet’s food without going through the baking process, simply add homemade CBD oil to their store-bought treats. Most biscuit-style treats will absorb the oil. If your pet isn’t picky, you can also give them a drop directly from the tincture bottle.
- Ardent FX
- Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve or Vessel
- Frainer or Infusion Press
- Dog bone cookie cutter
- Rolling pin
- Parchment lined baking sheet
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup CBD-infused vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
How to Make CBD-Infused Dog Treats
- Combine pumpkin puree, peanut butter, vegetable oil, and eggs.
- Add the baking soda and flour. Stir well.
- Knead the dough into a ball, and flatten using a rolling pin.
- Use a dog bone cookie cutter to make each individual cookie.
- Add cookies to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake on 350 for 15 minutes.