For this month’s episode of Easily Baked with Ardent, our free monthly cooking show that teaches beginner-level, from-scratch, infused recipes with the aid of Ardent technology right on Instagram Live, we tackled mini FX in-unit sweet potato pies!
In case you missed out on the fun, we’re recapping it right here:
How to Get Started
The infusion base of these recipes, along with plenty of other infused beverages, is cannabutter.
To make cannabutter, you’ll need to decarb your plant material in the Ardent FX. Once your decarb cycle is complete, add the plant material and a few tablespoons of butter or ghee to the Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve. Place the sleeve inside the FX and run an Infuse cycle. When the infusion is complete, strain using a strainer, cheesecloth, or the Ardent Frainer. To make your cannabutter even stronger, infuse your butter with concentrate or kief, instead of flower.
- Ardent FX (or Ardent Nova)
- Ardent Double Lifter
- 2 small mason jars (that fit on the Double Lifter)
- Rolling pin
- Ziplock bag
- Potato masher
- Dab torch
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons cannabutter
- ⅙ cup light brown sugar
- 2 graham crackers
- 1 tablespoon sugar or cannasugar
- Sprinkle of cannasalt
- Pecan bits
- Marshmallow fluff
How to Make FX In-Unit Mini Sweet Potato Pies
- Fill the FX with hot water and bring to a boil on the Bake setting.
- Add the sweet potato to the FX, and allow it to boil for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
- Drain the FX of water, and place the sweet potato into a bowl. Remove and dispose of the skin, which should come off easily, and mash with the potato masher.
- Add sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves to the mashed sweet potato, and mix well.
- Crush graham crackers in the ziplock using a rolling pin. and combine with brown sugar and cannabutter.
- Firmly press a layer of graham cracker mixture into each jar, forming it into a crust.
- Top the crust with a layer of the sweet potato mixture.
- Place the jars on the Double Lifter and inside the FX on the Bake setting for 15 minutes or until warm.
- Remove the jars from the device and add a layer of pecan pieces to each one.
- Add a layer of marshmallow fluff to each jar and toast using the dab torch to your liking. Enjoy!