Holi is a celebration marking the end of a long winter, and the start of a bright, beautiful spring season. It’s celebrated by tossing around powdered paint and colored water, mending relationships with loved ones, and dissolving any lingering resentment.
Celebrate Holi, the Hindu festival of colors and love, with a cookie recipe hand-crafted by Ardent community member, Peter Cardoz. Peter’s Indian spiced cardamom cookie recipe uses infused ghee made directly inside the Ardent Nova or Ardent FX.
Still have some leftover ghee? Put it to good use with Yogi Maharaj’s bhang infused saag recipe. It’s another recipe perfect for Holi or any day of the week.
How to Get Started
Peter’s recipe uses ghee, or clarified butter, which is used in cooking and baking throughout India. In ancient times, Indians realized the importance of pairing cannabinoids (usually referred to as bhang,) with a fat like ghee to increase bioavailability.
Our independent third-party lab test results show us that ghee has an infusion rate of around 90% when infused inside the Ardent Nova or FX. This means that with just 1 gram of hemp at 20% CBDa, after decarb you’ll have 174 active mgs, then when infused into the ghee at a ~90% infusion rate, you’ll have 156.6 mgs in your final infusion.
To make hemp infused ghee inside the Nova, simply decarb your herb in-unit by placing it inside and pressing the single-button interface. When the cycle is over, allow the device to cool off for about 30 minutes, then run another cycle with the same herb inside. When it’s time to infuse, pour ghee into the Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve or Vessel along with the decarbed herb and place it inside the Nova, and start another cycle. Strain once it’s complete using the Ardent Frainer.
To make hemp infused ghee inside the FX, simply decarb your herb in-unit by placing it inside and pressing the power button to start the A2 cycle. Switch between modes using the M button. When the cycle is over, add ghee to the Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve or Vessel, along with the decarbed herb, and start an Infuse cycle. Strain once it’s complete using the Ardent Frainer or Infusion Press.
- Parchment lined baking sheet
- Ardent Nova or FX
- Concentrate and Infusion Sleeve or Vessel
- Ardent Infusion Press or Frainer
- CBDa-rich flower
- 180 grams of ghee
- 230 grams of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of yogurt
- 250 grams of all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 grams ground cardamom
How to Make Nankhatai Infused With CBD
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- In a bowl, cream together the sugar and ghee.
- Add yogurt to the creamed sugar, and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and cardamom.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix it together with your hands. It’s supposed to be grainy, so don’t overmix.
- Separate the cookies into 30 – 32 even sized balls. Then place the dough balls on your parchment lined baking sheets two inches apart from each other.
- Place the cookies in the oven for 30 minutes and enjoy!