For the sake of this blog post, let’s say you’re able to purchase 1 gram of cannabis concentrate at 80% THCa for $50 at a dispensary. After precision decarboxylation in the Ardent Nova or Ardent FX, this gram transforms into ~696 usable mgs for edibles, topicals, sublinguals, suppositories, and beyond.
Cannabis-Infused Cereal Bars
A classic stoner treat, almost all of us are familiar with cereal bar edibles. They require shelf-stable ingredients and can be prepared from start to finish inside the Ardent FX. Let’s price out a strong, single-serving .
- Let’s use 100 mgs in this dish. After all, we’re using so few ingredients that we can afford to ball out here. That’s around $7.14.
- A 12 ounce box of off-brand cereal costs around $2.55. We’re only using ⅙ of that, making it about 43 cents per serving.
- Mini marshmallows cost about $1.09 for a 10 ounce bag. We only need a ¼ of the bag, making it about 27 cents per serving.
- ½ tablespoon of melted coconut oil or butter, which most people already have on hand, and it costs just pennies in this amount.
- Total cost per person: $7.84
Shakshuka is a flavorful, filling meal that’s perfect for edibles at any time. For this recipe, all you need is a few eggs, crushed tomatoes, onion, parsley, peppers, and some soft, creamy cheese like feta, goat cheese, or boursin.
- Let’s use 50 mgs in this dish, as it’s a suitable meal and dosage for about two people. That’s around $3.60 total, or $1.80 per person.
- An onion costs around 80 cents. We’ll use the whole thing. That’s about 40 cents per person.
- A single red pepper goes for around $1.18, and we’ll use the whole thing, bringing it to around 60 cents per person.
- A 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes is about $1.80, or around 90 cents per person.
- A dozen eggs is usually around $2, and for this dish we’ll use 4 eggs. That’s around 66 cents, or 33 cents per person.
- You can find a 4 ounce log of goat cheese for around $2.55. We’ll use half in this dish, bringing it to about $1.28 or 64 cents per person.
- There will be a small additional spend on oil or butter to grease the pan, and on dried parsley flakes, which are already found in most pantries.
- Total price per person: $4.67
This nostalgic diner appetizer is perfect in buddha bowls or on its own for a light, protein-rich vegetarian snack.
- $2.55 for 5 Persian cucumbers, we only need 1, making it .51 cents for the recipe.
- A red onion costs around 80 cents. We’ll use about half. That’s about 40 cents for the recipe.
- A can of chickpeas is around 80 cents, and we’ll use all of it.
- Let’s use 100 mgs in this dish.That costs around $7.14.
- This recipe also requires around a tablespoon of EVOO and a quick squeeze of lemon to taste. Feel free to factor those in if they make a difference to your bottom line.
- If one person enjoys all of it, that’ll be $8.85 per person, if you split it into two servings, it’s $4.43 per serving.
Taco Tuesday is a fun and affordable way to enjoy cannabis! Switch out toppings based on what you have in your fridge and pantry, and this recipe ends up being even more accessible.
- Flour tortillas go for $2.55 for a 20 pack, making them .13 cents each. Let’s make three tacos to form a nice round meal. That’s 39 cents.
- Refried beans are $1.29 for a 16 ounce can. We won’t need more than half. At most that’s 64 cents.
- An onion costs around 80 cents. We’ll sautee half. That’s 40 cents for the entire recipe.
- A 12 ounce bag of shredded taco cheese costs $3.75, but we’ll likely use under ⅕ of the bag, making it 75 cents for all three tacos.
- It’s $1.75 for 16 ounces of sour cream, but we’ll only use about 2 tablespoons, bringing the total to around 11 cents.
- A plum tomato is about 41 cents. Let’s use the whole thing across all 3 tacos.
- Let’s make each taco 25 mgs, making it $5.40 for all 3.
- For 3 tacos at 25 mgs each, the total cost would be $8.10
You can pair this simple and easy sandwich with tomato soup, or enjoy it straight out of the pan. Feel free to use shredded cheese, slices, or even a soft cheese like brie, which pairs perfectly with some jam.
- A loaf of white bread is about $1.19, with at least 20 slices of bread in a loaf, bringing two slices of bread to around 12 cents.
- It costs $2.89 for 8 ounces of sliced cheddar. Let’s use a few slices of cheese, about ⅓ of the package. That’s 96 cents.
- You’ll need a few tablespoons of butter to coat the pan and bread slices with. It’s about 10 cents a tablespoon, and we’ll probably use around 3, bringing it to 30 cents total.
- We can dose this recipe up to 100 mgs for just $7.20
- For a 100 mg grilled cheese, the total cost would be $8.58