Sublingual dosing with a tincture (an oil based preparation) can provide effective and long-lasting results delivered in a steady and predictable way. Because the area under the tongue is so rich in blood vessels, absorption is fast, making this a good solution for acute pain relief. Cannabis users who’d prefer not to smoke, need only low doses or a precise dose, may also find sublinguals a helpful solution.
How to Make Sublingual Tinctures
The NOVA makes the preparation of sublingual tinctures one-button easy.
- Add your chosen herb to the canister in the NOVA, place the purple silicone top on and secure the lid. The NOVA accommodates any quantity of flower: from less than a joint’s worth to more than 1 ounce. It also works with Kief, wax, shatter and any other concentrate that hasn’t been activated during processing.
- Plug in the NOVA and press the green, “ready-to-go” button on the outside bottom of the device. During the activation process, the light will be red. Do not open the lid during this time.
- When the NOVA has completed the optimum conversion cycle for the cannabis placed inside (about 1.5 – 2 hours), the red light will turn green. At this point, you can open the lid.
- Add your now ArdentActivated cannabis to your favorite oil or butter in the Infusion Sleeve. We find it helpful to put the sleeve into the NOVA, then add the oil and ArdentActivated cannabis.
- Put the purple silicon top on and secure the lid.
- Press the green, “ready-to-go” button on the outside bottom of the device to begin the infusion cycle.
- During the infusion cycle, the green light will turn red.
- When the red light turns green, the infusion process is complete.
- Remove the Infusion Sleeve from the device, strain the oil and store in a clean eye dropper bottle.
- When ready to use, fill the eye dropper with your desired dose. Squeeze the contents of the dropper under your tongue. Hold it there for 5 minutes or as long as you can, then swallow the tincture.